20 Cozy Fall Decorating Ideas
Of all the seasons, fall is the time of year when we focus on warmth. After all, the season’s primordial colors consist mainly of rich reds, chocolatey browns, vibrant oranges, and zesty yellows. It’s also the time of year when we switch the thermostat over to heat and break out the heavier blankets, drapes, and coats.
So, it’s no wonder that home interiors undergo a subtle change from light and bright to warm and cozy as the season changes from summer to fall. If you’re looking to add some warmth to your home this fall, here are 20 cozy fall decorating ideas from your Trinity home builder.
- Emphasize your fireplace by making it the focal point of your living room
- Add seasonal greenery to your home décor to bring the outdoors in
- Place a fluffy throw at the foot of your bed so it’s there on colder nights
- Keep some blankets set aside for use when you’re enjoying a hot chocolate on your outdoor patio on a cool evening
- Make or buy a festive fall wreath and place it somewhere where it can be easily seen
- Set up a buffet table so you’re always ready for a get-together with family or friends
- If you have the space, set up a separate dining nook so you have an option for more intimate meals
- Stock your bar so you will be always be ready for surprise pop-ins during the holiday season
- Swap out your usual bath mat for something more seasonal-appropriate
- Turn one corner of your home into a cozy reading nook so you can curl up with a good book on a cold, rainy day
- Cover up your hardscape flooring with a myriad of rugs for a warm touch
- Add some light throughout your home by plugging in a few more lamps where needed
- Add a canopy to your bed for a cozy and inviting sleeping environment
- Update your wall color for fall by painting it a darker, warmer color that will accentuate the colors of fall
- Make your dining room more comfortable by adding pillows to your stiff-backed chairs
- Add more plaid throughout your home (curtains, throw pillows, blankets, etc.) to bring in the feeling of fall
- Instead of storing wood for your fireplace outdoors, store it inside in wicker baskets for easier access and a rustic look
- Take advantage of the fireplace and enjoy your dinners fireside every once in a while
- Cover up your furniture will slipcovers in seasonal colors, tones, and patterns
- Instead of using solid colors, take risks and choose a warm and cozy print to use throughout your living room design
Looking for a New Home? Call Your Trinity Home Builder Today!
If you’re thinking about buying a new home this year, call your local Trinity home builder today. Trinity Custom Homes builds throughout the southeastern states and we have an experienced team of architects, interior designers, and builders that can help you get the home you have always wanted.
To learn more about what we have to offer you, call Trinity Custom Homes of Cullman today at (256) 737-5055.